Sea lions doing yoga? That’s what it looks like.
Open the panorama below to full screen and take a look around to find the sea lions stretching up to the sun and you’ll see what we mean. A white sand beach next to crystal clear water: not a bad place to practice that yoga, either.
Panorama: Sea Lions on Santa Fe Island in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
For best panorama viewing results, press fullscreen (four arrows) and navigate around with your mouse.
All joking aside about yoga poses, this panorama from Santa Fe Island shows you how animals and humans hang out in close proximity in the Galapagos Islands. But get too close to the alpha male nearby, and you might have an angry bunch of pinnipeds on your hands.
As in the human world, respect for others goes a long way.
Travel articles from Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands
- 8 Days in the Galapagos Islands: A Photo Tour
- Dating Advice from Galapagos Birds (or, When Charles Darwin Meets Cosmo)
- Ecuador, More Than Just the Galapagos: Photo Essays and Panoramas
- Gringo Monologues: Conspiracy Theories in the Valley of Longevity
Travel Photo Slideshows from the Galapagos Islands and Ecuador
- Highlights from the Galapagos Islands
- Quilotoa Loop – Saquisili, Zumbahua, Laguna Quilotoa
- Southern Ecuador – Cuenca, Vilcabamba and the Coast
- Northern Ecuador – Quito, Otavalo, Ibarra