Ear cleaning, mahjong, and ladies gossiping: just another ordinary day at a tea garden in Chengdu, China.
Pick up a tea cup with your favorite type of tea leaves inside, grab a seat at a table and enjoy the scene of life playing out in the tea garden. Men with large copper kettles filled with hot water make the rounds to ensure your cup is never empty.
Panorama: Wenshu Temple Tea Garden in Chengdu – Sichuan, China
For best panorama viewing results, press fullscreen (four arrows) and navigate around with your mouse.
The hustle and bustle of big city Chengdu lies just outside the walls of the garden, but you’d never know it by the tranquility inside. That is, until the ear cleaner sets his sights on you and decides that you are to be his next client!
Travel articles from China
- Chengdu: China Begins Here
- Xiahe: A Tibetan Pilgrammage
- Yuanyang – Sweaty Men, Rice Fields and Beautiful Women
- Xishuangbanna: China’s Deep South
- Guizhou: Market Days in China’s Poorest Province
- Disappearing Donkeys: Kashgar on the Edge of a Developing China
Travel Photo Slideshows from China
- Chengdu Classics – Sichuan
- The Many Faces of China
- Xishuangbanna: Yunnan’s Deep South
- The Hani Terraced Rice Fields of Yuanyang
- Ethnic Markets of Eastern Guizhou
- Kashgar’s Sunday Animal Market