If are looking to get started with understanding Uncornered Market and our backstory, you belong here.
In December 2006, we quit our jobs, sold everything and hit the road with backpacks. We embarked on a creative sabbatical: a 12-18 month around-the-world journey…that’s now in its sixth year. Life isn’t always as you plan it, the world is big (and small) and exploring and understanding it takes time.
Our travels have not only taught us first-hand about the world and its people, but they teach us about ourselves and each other. All these lessons and experiences come together as the story of Uncornered Market.
So with over five years of travel, more than 75 countries visited together, and hundreds of posts on this blog, where do you begin? Here are a few suggestions.
Travel, personal growth and how the two sometimes collide
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Travelers
- Climbing Kilimanjaro: Life Lessons from the Top of Africa
- The Joy of Living Deliberately: 7 Questions
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone
- Are you a Stuff Junkie or an Experience Junkie?
- How to Travel Outside Your Comfort Zone
- The Importance of Saying Thank You
- How Travel Beats the Media Fear Machine
- More stories on personal growth and travel
Human stories to bring a personal face to the world
- Iran: A Poem to the People
- A Surprising Feast in Zugdidi, Georgia
- Bangladesh Village Homestay: Becoming One of the Family
- Microfinance Diaries: Seeing is Believing in West Bengal, India
- Women in Jordan: The Once Forgotten Women of the Dead Sea
- Saying Goodbye, Celebrating Life
- More personal perspective stories
For the love of world street food and cuisines
- Bali Food: From Satay to Sambal
- From Mezze to Mansaf: Eating Our Way Through Jordan
- Demystifying Food in China
- South Indian Food: A Few Favorites
- Peruvian Food: More Than Just Ceviche
- No More Bats and Bicycle Chickens: The Better Side of Burmese Cuisine
- More articles about world food
And because we can all use a good laugh
- I Drove to the Ends of the Earth (A Marriage Proposal)
- 7 Ways to Trek Like a Supermodel
- Nibbles That Give Me the Shivers (or, Sh*t I Wouldn’t Eat Again)
- The Bad News Barber of Kuala Lumpur
- For Years on the Road: It All Began with a Frozen Pork Butt
- More funny stories from around the world.
Where to travel next? How? Inspiration meets practical travel guides.
- Traveling to Southeast Asia: A Beginner’s Guide
- Central Asia Travel: A Beginner’s Guide
- Bangladesh Travel: A Beginner’s Guide
- Insider’s Prague: Tourist Traps to Avoid, What to Do, Where to Eat
- Traveling to Iran as Americans: All You Need to Know
- More travel and destination stories.
Travel advice – health, relationships, gear and passports
- How to Travel Without Hugging the Bowl: 10 Tips for Staying Healthy on the Road
- How to Travel the World Together Without Killing Each Other
- Capturing Humanity: 10 Tips for Taking Great Street and Market Photos
- Poo, Pills and Parasites: Around the World Travel Health Tips
- Protect Thy Passport: Keeping Your Passport Safe and Avoiding Scams
And don’t forget to stay in touch! You can always contact us on the blog or watch out for us at: